ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Tuesday 14 November 2017

The War of Spanish Succession... Red-Yellow... Yellow-Red...

I have managed to finish another two regiments for my War of Spanish Succession project...


The French Infantry Regiment Clare (Red coats Yellow facings).
The Danish Infantry Regiment Livgarden til Fods (Yellow coats Red facings).


I had thought that painting both units at the same time would speed things up a bit as the colours are pretty much the same ... just arranged differently.


As it turned out it took a little bit longer...






French Infantry Regiment Clare...











Coat and Waistcoat... Citadel... Evil Suns Scarlet.
Cuffs... Citadel... Averland Sunset.
Belts... Citadel... Balor Brown.
Musket/wooden bits/powder flask ... Citadel ...Mournfang Brown
Ammunition pouches and Officers scabbards ... Citadel ... Skrag Brown.
Stockings, Grenadier, Sergeant and hat braid ... Citadel...Pallid Wych Flesh.



All washed with Aly's Brown Liquid then highlighted with the original colours...









A lovely looking unit...






Danish Infantry Regiment Livgarden til Fods...


Coat... Citadel...Averland Sunset.
Cuffs, Stockings and Coat Braid... Citadel... Evil Suns Scarlet.
Belts... Citadel... Balor Brown.
Musket/wooden bits/powder flask ... Citadel ...Mournfang Brown.
Scabbards and pouches... Black.
Cuff, Sergeant and hat braid ... Citadel...Pallid Wych Flesh.


All washed with Aly's Brown Liquid then highlighted with the original colours...










I am very pleased with my Danish Guards... I think that there will be more than one Yellow coated
unit in my collection...


 The miniatures are as always Front Rank...
https://www.frontrank.com/product-category/18th-century/spanish-succession/
The paints are Wargames Foundry and Citadel...
https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/paint
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Painting-Modelling
Bases from Warbases...
https://warbases.co.uk/?product_cat=premier-bases-metric
And last but not least Flags from Maverick Models...
http://www.maverick-models.com/flags.htm


I am not sure which unit to do next... I quite fancy some cavalry...


All the best  Aly



















10 comments:

  1. Great stuff Aly, brings back fond memories of my old Minifigs "custard" men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of those too Phil. Good work Aly.

      Delete
  2. Now those are lovely looking units Aly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb, looking forward to seeing the cavalry emerge. I haven't even contemplated Danish.....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon have enough to start refighting Ramillies with the way you're going. Lovely work as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are referring to a refight of that punch up in a small garden around the back of the Ramillies pub.... then yes I am getting close.
      If you are referring to the Duke of Marlborough’s famous victory ... unless someone gives me all their beautifully painted toy soldiers I may take a bit longer... ;-)

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. I was particularly interested to see your Livgarden til Fods Aly as I painted the same unit 18 months ago but using the ex Wargames Factory plastic figures... I had my enlisted men in more of a pale yellow/buff coat but the officers are in scarlet like yours. A great job you have done on these wonderful Front Rank figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent results! I have the yellow coated Danish Footguard, but in 6mm (for the Nine Year's War). A must have unit--very smart and they stand out at any scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aly's Brown Liquid you say... I'm sure I saw you drinking that other night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... it does many things , but sadly it doesn’t improve your dice throwing...

      Delete