ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Hamburg Tactica 2018... Great War Miniatures.

For the last year I have been suffering the miniature designers equivalent of writers block...


I have started a number of projects and all of then have come to nought... some of them not even getting past the armature stage...


I am not sure why this has happened... possibly its because with my day job being a miniature designer I am simply a bit sculpted out when I get home...


Or maybe its because I am old and forgetful and can't remember what I was going to make ten seconds after I mix the putty....


Where was I ?....


Oh! yes...


For the last year I have been suffering the miniature designers equivalent of writers block...


So when my friends were over from Germany last year I suggested that Great War Miniatures might make a Hamburg Tactica exclusive miniature for this years show...


Yes Yes Yes was the response.... No getting out of this one...


It worked...


I decided to make a what some might call a rather sentimental couple of miniatures...


A British Officer and a German Officer meeting in an informal manner after the armistice and exchanging a hand shake.




The Masters...







Painted castings


I have put a reasonable amount of kit on them but tried to give the a none combinative look...


What is more important is that I am pleased with them and feel a lot more like sculpting more toys...


I shall endeavour to take many photo's of the show and put them in my next post...




All the best Aly















26 comments:

  1. Lovely figures Aly, I like how their hands are almost but not fully touching adding to the sense of them moving together. Quite poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sculpting and a nice vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased you are over your episode of Sculpter’s Droop. Perhaps you can use the experience to encourage a mutual friend to finish his dismounted German Hussars? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David...

      I think he is working on the German artillery limbers at the moment...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. A nice subject and a wonderful vignette, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fine piece there Aly, huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! Sure those aren't the Perry's meeting at a reenactment? ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay...

      That would be a rather unusual conversion ... I don’t think I have ever seen them shake hands!

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Inspired, indeed. Wonderful choice for the occasion (and very nicely done, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely set Aly. So does this mean that your deisgning mojo has returned? I am sure those Franco-Austrians for 1859 are just waiting to be made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark...

      I think I may have a few other things to do first...:-)

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Lovely work Aly. Very thoughtful of you for the convention miniature.

    All the best,

    GH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you GH...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete