ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Friday, 10 July 2026

Wild Geese 2026… P.S.

Greetings…

I completely forgot to mention the quiz…

Every year we have a quiz set by one of our more intelligent comrades… 

This years was a tough one…( Thank you Toby).

And you will not be surprised to learn our/my team… came…. 🎉🎉🎉… Fourth!

Out of…. 

Four 🙀

But…

Rather surprisingly that meant we got a prize…. The Wooden Spoon. ( One for each team member no less)

First place got cheers… Second and Third gave the cheers… And we got this…

Beautifully hand painted…

I think I will strive to do minimal research for next year’s quiz 🤣🤣🤣.

All the best   Aly


24 comments:

  1. I can see why that would be an incentive. How marvellous!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prize for coming last--did he also have "The World Turned Upside Down" playing in the background during the ceremony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the world turns upside down when I actually win 🤔

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Super little prize to get, couldn't really call it a consolation one either, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall endeavour to under achieve next year… I’m aiming for a full set 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Definitely worth coming in, in fourth place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A splendid reward for outstanding failure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s good to be outstanding at something 😄

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Very nice Aly - "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed… but I wouldn’t mind a few firsts.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Awesome. Straight to the wargame room with that prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely a prize to be displayed…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Definitely cool . Sounds like a great tradition. Definitely a grand keepsake,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree… definitely cool.
      The only danger is that next year everyone will be trying their least to win 🤣

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Ha! Now that is a prize worth keeping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be put in pride of place…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  10. You can use it to eat humble pie ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed 😁
      Maybe there will be a bowl to win next year.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  11. Pah! I regularly come fourth in a two player game and have NEVER been given a spoon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a new one for me … having kept up a below average performance for so long it is gratifying to finally get a reward for my heroic efforts 🤣

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  12. A well deserved prize!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain…
      Years of effort finally rewarded…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete