ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Thursday 25 June 2020

A Song of Drums and Shakos... British Light Infantry.

Greetings...


Here are a few more additions to this collection... British Light Infantry...


The 43rd Regiment of Foot...








I went for these guys because I fancied painting some British with white facings... they are of course from that... now venerable... Perry Miniatures plastic box set...
I was a bit short of the appropriate arms so I had to sculpt the wings on a couple of figures...




The Tunic is... Citadel... Evil Sunz Scarlet.
The White Bits are... Citadel... Pallid Wych Flesh.
The Greatcoat... Citadel... Administratum Grey.
The Water Bottle is... Citadel... Thunderhawk Blue.
The Water Bottle Strap is... Citadel... Skrag Brown.
The Plume is... Citadel... Warboss Green.
The Knapsack is... Foundry... Buff Leather 7B.


Everything was given a wash of Aly's Brown Liquid.


The Straps were highlighted up to pure White and the Braid was given an extra highlight of Wych Flesh plus some White....


I am pleased with how these have come out... They are nice and bright... Which is what I was looking for... 
They of course now need a Sergeant or possibly a dashing Officer in a Pelisse...


The Miniatures are...
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=1655&osCsid=skanqccc3tiki0nnub28gh34m0


Paints from...
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Painting-Modelling

And...
https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/paint


The bases are Warbases...
https://warbases.co.uk/


Something Shiny next I think...


All the best   Aly

26 comments:

  1. They are nice - not OTT like somwe figures you see, balance just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stuff, the best of British are they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking light infantry, Aly! Really like your work on the white trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan...
      I enjoy painting white... and red.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Nice work Aly.
    I have a couple of boxes of these in my backlog so that I can get some games in with my French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul...
      I look forward to seeing what you do with yours...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Very nice job Aly, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, the good old 43rd of Foot, the Ox & Bucks Light infantry of Pegasus Bridge fame. Very smart chaps you've paint up. Well done. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg...
      A hold the bridge scenario might make for a fun game ...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Jolly nice chaps, if only they weren't plastic though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David...
      They are nice figures... but I am not very fond of sticking kits together... which is why I am doing them in small batches...
      I will reward myself by painting some metals up...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Great looking figures Aly but I am wondering about your sanity in looking for Napoleonic Brits with even more white to paint than normal...all those straps, belts, lace etc are the part that makes them such a chore to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith...
      To be honest it felt a lot easier......
      I know what you mean though... Napoleonics are fussy bits joined up with a bit of uniform...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Well they just look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would ignore Jason the robot ! However the figures are very fine indeed love the brightness you get in your painting Aly splendid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt...

      All the best. Aly

      Jason has left the building 😁

      Delete
  11. Gosh these look good Aly, lively individuals each man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Aly. Those Perry Brits sre great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark...
      I really enjoyed painting them...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  13. Splendid looking light infantry men, super white finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete