ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Monday 10 May 2021

A New Book... And a little quiz...

 Greetings...


I was hoping to show you some more Shiny American Civil Was figures...

Unfortunately when I gloss varnished them...The varnish I use had a weird reaction with the varnish that had previously been used on them... and after four days it still hasn’t dried/cured...

It has however worked on the few areas that had new paint...

I shall leave them in a box for a bit longer and paint some fresh new toys instead....

So the book...


It is in German... but there is lots of eye candy...and of course I really had to have it...










As my German is just about basic... I asked my friend Florian to translate one of the image captions for me...


The caption for this says that the figures are about 55mm tall... Gosh!

Okay a little quiz ...



So can you spot the schoolboy error on this miniature...

I have already challenged a couple of my chums with this... I only noticed what it was as I was undercoating the unit.


All the best   Aly



21 comments:

  1. Quiz - you mean apart from the ridiculous length of his bayonet? - my guess is that he is wearing his greatcoat, but he has another greatcoat rolled up on top of his pack? Cheers - T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂 Obviously his bayonet it so long because he’s knowns...
      “They don’t like it up em”...

      Delete
    2. He’s knowns... ???
      He knows...

      Bliddy productive spooling...😂

      Delete
  2. Wow these figures look stunning! Are these ceramic?

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget my question, I just saw your post from May 3rd! This diorama is fantastic!

      Jan

      Delete
    2. It is rather splendid Jan...
      It’s hard enough to paint miniatures like that but to do it with enamelling...
      I would love to find out more about how it was made... which probably means another book 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. There is clearly a small pigeon on top of the chaps hat and an enormous sausage roll balanced on his shoulders. Your friends must be blind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had noticed the rouleau de saucisse but not the small pigeon...

      I will never be able to un-see the pigeon 😂

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. That is certainly a book to drool over but not on hopefully.
    That chap appears to have forgot to roll his right trouser leg down or is it the left one up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See... you made me go and check the casting...
      They are both the same... 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Yes the great coat was my pick too...nice looking book Aly. Hopefully the varnish issue resolves itself eventually.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a lovely book Indeed Keith...
      I think I will just leave the toys to themselves for a while longer... it’s not like I have nothing else to do...

      All the best. Aly.

      Delete
  6. The language of the book's images is universal--well worth keeping. As far as the figure, I was thinking that perhaps the epaullettes on the greatcoat might be out of place, but once I saw what MSFOY had pointed out, that there was a great coat rolled up on top of the pack, I would have to second that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see a consensus building here... 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. A bloke could own two greatcoats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be his favourite comfy blanky...
      Toy soldiers get stressed out just like anyone else...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
    2. Rather like, "Arthur, Two Sheds, Jackson..." (sorry, couldn't help it).

      Delete
  8. Nice looking if extravagant book 😀 I’ll go with the majority on two greatcoats ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extravagant... me?
      I happen to still have plenty room in my second grand library 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
    2. He is indeed monsieur deux manteaux...

      I’m always intrigued by how these errors get all the way to production... usually it’s only small details... I’m not sure how the missed a whole greatcoat...
      The Fusiliers are the same...

      All the best. Aly

      Delete