ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Monday 23 May 2022

Partizan 2022.

Greetings…

Hurrah!… I made it to a show.

It’s only taken two years 😁.

Dave Andrews gave me a lift over to Newark Show Ground on Sunday morning (Thank you sir you are a gentleman)…I have really been looking forward to this years show having missed out on Hammerhead because of Covid…

I was not disappointed…

We got there fairly early as we were part of Team Perry… But I must confess I pretty much spent the day wandering around talking to lots of lovely people, looking at all the games and buying things I really really needed…

I feel I deserved it…

There were some excellent games to look at…

I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do… mostly because of all the time I spent chatting with old friends…

Here… In no particular order are some of the games I captured on (digital) film.

First up… Some beautiful small scale naval action from The League of Augsburg.


Next up some Very British Civil War action from One in Six Gaming…



Carlist Wars from Westbury Wargamers…


The Barons War FB Group…


Delightful stuff from the Iron Brigade…



Great Northern/Russo-Turkish War action from Derby Wargames Society…



Magnificence from the Friends of Ian Smith…





A couple of shots of Alan and Michael Perry’s ‘Dorking’ Game…



With Crook at the Rosebud from the Barnsley Association of Wargamers…



The Invasion of 1910 by 1/72 Wargames (I think)…



Grimsby Wargames Society… The Siege of Vicksburg…





Hougoumont from Like a Stone Wall…



Silver Bayonet from The Newark Irregulars…


30 Years War action from Mr Steve Spence…




Never Mind the Boat Hooks from The Billhooks Brothers…



Gothenburg Gamers… Go for Bronze.


The one important thing I had to do on the day was to judge the Adrian Shepherd Award for Best Tabletop Vignette….

The prize went to The Iron Brigade…



An American Civil War Coffee Wagon… Who would have known such a thing existed…
Well… Probably Adrian.


An excellent show all round… It was indeed lovely to meet up with and chat to old friends, new friends and friends to be…
I even let myself be photographed… and that doesn’t happen often 😁

I will show off my purchases… mostly books…in another post…

All the best.  Aly.













34 comments:

  1. I have seen a number of great photo reports from Partizan and yours add even more photos to the repertoire. Look like a great day out. Thanks, aly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great day out Jonathan…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. A fantastic spread of games: quite a spectacle! I generally attend cons here in the US in a similar way: do much more visiting, buying, and taking things in than playing. Hope to return to Historicon here for the first time in several years (fingers crossed that this latest rise in COVID doesn't screw that up).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great show Ed and a real joy catching up with lots of friends.
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Grand pictures there! Good to see you out and about again and have a natter, looking forward to October now! Good choice on the vignette award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      Yes…here’s to the next one 😁
      I hope we will see a Coffee Wagon in your ACW collection at some point.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the lovely photos Phil which show some absolutely cracking games on show. Always good to meet up with friends, which adds to the whole joy of the day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil?🤔
      There were some lovely games on show Steve…
      It was really nice to meet friends and talk toy soldiers…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the photos of our game of the Siege of Vicksburg. It was a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a pleasure Paul…
      It was indeed a good show.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. I have turned green with envy…a show…face to face gaming…so many toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s almost like being back to some sort of normality Mark.
      And there was indeed lots of toys…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Stunning pictures with loads of inspiration. Lovely to see that even Airfix figures and buildings when well painted (Invasion 1910) can make it to the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Airfix figures in the Invasion of 1910 game was indeed a pleasant surprise…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Looks like it was a good day. Perhaps next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day Rob…
      There is another in October…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for so many wonderful photos of the show Aly. Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful looking set of games. Absolutely love the Medieval Cogs! Thanks for taking the time to photograph and post, hope to make it back to Partizan one year superb show...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Medieval Cogs were particularly nice,,, and a tempting idea.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  11. Some great photos from the day Aly, it was a pleasure meeting you and having a chat. Look out on my blog soon for THAT photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you face to face Ray…
      I am hoping that the photo will be suitably edited to bring out my good looks 😂

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  12. Looking great Aly! Would really like to attend the Partizan one day, as all the tables and games are splendid. Funny enough I thought it is the following Sunday and I wanted to pop over after a business trip in UK :-D

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a splendid day Jan…

      There is another show in October… so start planning an important business trip now 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  13. Glad you enjoyed yourself mate. Hope the credit card wasn’t worn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very enjoyable day…
      My credit card is currently recovering in a home for distressed plastic…
      It will be fine after pay day…😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  14. It was a lovely show that you've nicely documented it ,I also bought stuff that I only really needed too, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a lovely show…
      Not only were my purchases really needed , I am sure some of them counted as essential supplies… honest!😜

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  15. Looks terrific. Wonderful selection of photographs. Thanks.

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a grand day out…
      I’m looking forward to the next one…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  16. Great looking games and a nice haul of new kit there Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some splendid looking games going on there! An ACW coffee wagon!! How does one go about getting one of those? I love little side vignettes, thought I had seen them all but that one is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Coffee Wagon was a new one on me as well Jay..
      As far as I know it is a scratch built model… I am surprised no one has ever released one.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete