ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Wednesday 28 September 2022

40mm Napoleonics… Some more French Infantry.

Greetings…

Here are three ‘command’ types for the French 18th Line Infantry.

First up… A Sergeant..



This figure is a conversion…
I used the body of the Voltigeur running at the trail and added the arms from the Spanish Sergeant.
The rank and service stripes were added using Green Stuff putty.

Next up… A Voltigeur Hornist.



And finally…A Sapper…



As before these were a real joy to paint…
Of course the Sapper would normally be part of the Grenadier Company which means that I will really really need to paint some Grenadiers in the future… poor me 😁.

The Tunics are… Citadel… Kantor Blue with a touch of Caledor Sky.
The Sappers Tunic… Citadel… Hoeth Blue.
The Sapper and Hornist Facings are… Citadel… Wazdaka Red.
The Trousers are… Citadel… Pallid Wych Flesh, Administratum Grey and Khorne Red
The Greatcoats are Citadel… Administratum Grey.
The Muskets and Backpacks are… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.
The Shako Covers are… Foundry… Drab Light 12C.
The Water Bottles are… Foundry… Boneyard Shade 9A.
The Water Bottle Straps are… Citadel… Skrag Brown.
Yellow bits are… Foundry… Ochre 4B.
Green bits are… Citadel… Warboss Green.
Red bits are… Citadel… Evil Sunz Scarlet.

As always everything was given a wash of Aly’s Brown Liquid and highlighted with the original shade plus some extra highlights and work on the lighter colours and faces.



All the best.   Aly

20 comments:

  1. Three very super paint jobs and conversion. When I see things like this I feel like trashing my brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      Please don’t trash your brushes… think of all those unpainted miniatures.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Super work, Aly! Like David, I am in awe of your beushwork. Nice pantaloon rouge switch on the volitgeur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan…
      I felt it made the Hornist more recognisable…and I like the colour.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Obviously excellent paintwork... as for trashing brushes, I trash quite a few but it's in a good cause... personally, I'm quite happy to be in the second (third?) rank as far as painting goes - they still do the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob…
      We all painted differently… and it’s not a competition… as long as you are happy…so am I.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Aly, like these a lot. There’s quite a lot of conversion possibilities with the figures and you’ve done a cracking job and is one I shall pinch I’m pretty certain I can convert some into Portuguese infantry unless you can convince the guys to make a set 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Graham…
      Pinch away…
      There are a lot of 40mm figures I would like to see added to this range… I will try and wear Alan down 😂

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work as a,ways Aly a joy for you to paint and a joy for us to look at 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt … much appreciated.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Another lovely trio Aly, and the converted NCO is particularly fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking stuff, some great inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete