ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Wednesday, 1 July 2026

A nice tidy Painting Desk…

Greetings…

So I have finally got most of my newly acquired Terrain Boards tucked away in my cellar… Just a small amount of shuffling around and it will be done…Hurrah!

But being a butterfly with limited patience who is easily lead I decided to set up my new Painting Desk.

Oh! How beautiful and tidy it looks…

Oh! How that won’t last 🤣…


I think I shall get a little bit of painting done this afternoon… And then dust down and set up the Photo Booth.

I do like retirement 😁.


All the best.  Aly

42 comments:

  1. I do like the brush holder but where are the 300 pots of paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a very nice brush holder… From Amazon.
      The paints are currently living in at least half a dozen Really Useful Boxes and the drawers under the painting desk…
      I’m sure they will migrate to the top of the desk when they are ready 🤣…
      All the best. Alt

      Delete
  2. Businesslike even! Neat brush-holder too.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes (Michigan, USA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stokes..
      The bush hold is very nice and useful.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. That's a very neat and tidy table, Aly. It needs messing up big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray…
      I’m currently working on the mess…😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Tidy desk = tidy mind?☺☺☺
    I envy your retirement......
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like… Tidy Desk- Messy Mind with me…
      Retirement is splendid fun…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Be interested to see the painting desk in a few weeks time, be a nice comparison, before and after!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to (try) tidy up every week… but we will see how long that lasts…
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Looks great Aly, let's diary in a new picture in three months time......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      Three months… Hmmm! We may not be able to see the desk at all 🤣🤣🤣

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. It has a lot to recommend it retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only time my painting desk is tidy is over Christmas when it's all packed away to make room for the tree. If there was a prize for least tidy/organised paint desk I would always be in with a chance of winning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you are too busy creating shiny toys… Tidying the dest is not always the first thing on your mind 😁.
      What do you suppose the prize would be for the messiest desk?

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Oh Aly, that is disgustingly tidy! My wife always wonders why it takes one square meter of shambolic mess to create one painted figure😀.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s focused creativity Mark… 😁
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  10. Way too tidy, you better start and rectify that ASAP🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m working on it Phil 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  11. Time to mess it up with figures and paints!
    (Aly, I had troubles with comments not sending earlier, so please delete this if it already went)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely getting a bit messed up with figures and paint now…
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  12. Wow, that is a very organised painting desk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ry to clean up my painting area after each project, once a new one starts the neatness seems to disappear! I love the paint brush rack, mine are in old glass jars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that’s something I have always tried to do … but as a total butterfly nothing is ever finished properly .
      I’m pleased with the brush rack ( from Amazon)… I also have a couple of jars and a drawer or two dedicated to brushes…
      I think I have an addiction 🤣

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  14. Very nice Aly, I try vainly every so often to tidy up my work desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s nice making the effort every few years.

      All Yer best. All

      Delete
  15. Very tidy, and has the three pillars of painting, a working internet connection, a real window for gazing, and brushes.

    Glad to hear your settling in to your new digs. Good luck on those figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three pillars of painting…
      I like that …

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  16. I like being organised workbench wise but this is to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      Im not sure how long it can be maintained though 😄

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  17. Nice but too tidy for me ………retirement is good 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably me as well…
      Yes I am certainly enjoying retirement.


      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  18. Mine will never be that tidy, but I appreciate you providing something to strive for. Today I am hoping to introduce a display cabinet next to my painting desk, so that finished projects can at least see the light of day and will hopefully serve to inspire further work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having my toys in cabinets close to the painting is always a point of inspiration… the more painted toys I see… the more I want to paint.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  19. Nice to have a clean desk, but all too rare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly a very rare occurrence…possibly even fleeting 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  20. Very neat, very tidy, you need to get it creatively messy!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s certainly starting to move in that direction Iain

      All he best. Aly

      Delete