ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Thursday, 9 July 2026

Wild Geese 2026

Greetings…

I realised that I hadn’t posted any of the pictures that I took last month at our Wild Geese get together.

So here we go…











As always (it seems) I threw myself into Steve’s beautiful 42 mm Home Cast…Battle of Kenilwitz.

I came a magnificent second.

Next up…


Fochabers April 1746 from Guy Barlow.



















And last but by no means least…


Ecorcheurs… Run and written by Robert W. Jones.

A splendid skirmish wargame…Set in the Hundred Years War from Gripping Beast.

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/Ecorcheurs_Rulebook_Skirmish_Wargaming_in_the_Hundred_Years_War--product--57031.htmlÉcorcheurs! Rulebook (Skirmish Wargaming in the Hundred Years War) | ECOR01 | Écorcheurs!











I thoroughly enjoyed this game…

Even though I got massacred 🤣.

All the best   Aly.



21 comments:

  1. Looks very nice indeed Al - are the home casts Prince August - they look very like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Prince August Keith….
      Steve has got a massive collection of them.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely games, it doesnt matter if you get massacred if your having fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fabulous looking games, Aly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there were indeed Ray
      I always come home filled with enthusiasm.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. 3 excellent looking games. Thanks for posting your pictures. And after all, it's the taking part that counts, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s my pleasure David…
      And taking part was indeed fun.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Splendid stuff all round there Aly, coming second I know it well🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure it must get boring if you always come first…
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Those are outstanding looking games Aly.
    Coming second is good. A silver medal, no less.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James…
      Silver is much more distinguished 🤣

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Looks like a great get-together filled with beautiful armies and good camaraderie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great weekend…
      I am looking forward to next year’s event…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. A collection of images that look like they came from a long lost second volume of the classic (1974) Peter Young "The Wargame" book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would certainly buy that book…😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking games, it really does seem a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems you had a splendid time with good company and grand games.

    ReplyDelete
  12. While all are lovely, that Gentleman's War game just has a certain panache that really appeals. Did you get to play in the game?

    ReplyDelete