ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Friday 22 September 2017

From my side of the table... Dead Mans Hand

On Tuesday my friends Ben and Anthony introduced me to my first game of Dead Mans Hand.


http://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/dead-mans-hand


Anthony was our host and we played on/in his beautiful western town...
Most of which came from 4Ground...


http://www.4ground.co.uk/the-dead-mans-hand









Its all so peaceful now...


I must confess that I didn't take that many pictures... I was having to much fun...
I shall endeavour to do the best I can with what I have...


We started with a short intro/walkthrough where Ben and I approached each other down Main Street...




You know the kind of thing...







We did what we were supposed to do...




We shot each other...


For our main game we each chose a different gang...
I took the Lawmen.
Ben took the Outlaws.
And Anthony took the Cowboys.


The scenario was pretty much made up on the spot...
Every one is in town...it may well be Saturday night...it all kicks off... last man standing is the winner.




Ironically or maybe rather obviously we all ended up here...





At one point nearly everyone had misfires and we had to resort to bad language and spitting...




This is where I got the drop on one of Anthony's men... And missed him with three shots at point blank range...
Unfortunately at some point the glass plates for my Daguerreotype were smashed by a stray bullet or two...
But as I recall the rest of the game went something like this...












Ben clamed victory .... mostly because he was the only one left alive...


I really enjoyed my introduction to Dead Mans Hand, the mechanics were very easy to pick up and even with my dice throwing I managed a couple of straight kills...
I will certainly be getting a set of the rules for myself... I rather fancy being a Pinkertons man...


I only (surprisingly) have one western figure in my collection so here he is...




  Billy the Git...


All the best   Aly

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I bought a set a while back and was going to use them with my old Timpo cowboys.

    Might have to dig them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Aly - my sons and I have big plans for Dead Mans Hand and that wonderful table is quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant look for the cards...those alone may make me get a set of these rules--well, that and the inspiring post with mixed images of gunfights from popular culture, and the buildings and accessories, and...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of fun! And a great table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys...
    The real work was down to Anthoney...
    I just drank beer and rolled dice (badly)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete