ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Monday 31 October 2022

Shiny Napoleonics… The Russo-German Legion.

Greetings…

Something shiny…

The Russo-German Legion….

I’ve been wanting to do these guys since I saw Matthew’s superb unit over at The Hinton Spieler blog…

https://thehintonspieler.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-jarmins.html

After I had done some research and realised that there were numerous different examples of the uniform I decided that the best thing to do… Was to shamelessly copy Matthew.






The figures are…I believe… A mixture of Minifigs Intermediate Range Russians and Prussians…
They came to me with most of their plumes removed and painted as French…
A bit of reconstruction was required along with the addition of some cords and flounders on the shakos.
The standard is also a straight copy of Matthew’s
Thank you for all your hard work old chap 😁.

The Tunics are… Foundry… Forest Green 26B.
The Facings are… Citadel… Mephiston Red.
The Trousers are… Citadel… Pallid Wych Flesh.
The Greatcoats are… Foundry… Slate Grey 32B.
The Musket and Packs are… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.
The Knapsacks are.. Foundry… Moss Light 29C.

These fellows took a lot longer to finish than I thought they would but they have turned out rather well.

Next up… more 40mm and a possibility more shiny’s…

All the best.  Aly



32 comments:

  1. Cracking job on those Aly, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copying Matthew sounds like a very sound policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was indeed my thoughts also…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Nicely done Aly and imitation (aka copying) is the sincerest form of flattery.....so Matthew should be chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      I am sure this won’t be the last time I ‘flatter’ Matthew 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. I never would have noticed that they weren't all Russians if you hadn't pointed it out. Outstanding work, Aly.

    As for the flag, you've done it so beautifully I think there's a chance it may really catch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matthew…
      There isn’t really a lot of difference… it’s mostly in the pose.
      No one has complained about the flag so far… so I would say it is on the way to being official 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Classic pose with a classic finish. Great job on the Russians!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice painting Aly. I do love the charm of these figures and as always, it goes to show how the older figures still have so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carlo…
      The joy of these simpler designs is you can put as much into them as you want…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking shiny Russian/ Germans! I really like the flag, I can see why you stole it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain…
      When I steal I try to steal from the best…😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Very nice, especially like the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding job! The figures look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aly, that flag is just stunning! The figures are great too but a shame that you copied WM as I prefer the light/sky blue collars worn by the other regiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob…
      There is nothing stopping me doing the second regiment as well…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  11. Gloriously shiny and a great combination of colours with the yellow and black of the pom-pom standing out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given that you copied Matthew, and I like the bigger units, I think the only solution is for you and Matthew to combine your battalions and send them to me. :) The flag is, as has been said many times, simply stunning. As for the legion itself, I can't get over this feeling that I am being watched...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      True…A larger unit would look impressive, but I think I will hang on to my toys for the moment 😁
      All the best. Aly.

      Delete
  13. Thank you Ray…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are lovely. I am in the process of renovating a pile of S Range Russians myself. I hope I can do them justice as you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob…
      I look forward to seeing yours.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  15. Superb! Love these green shades...and the flag!

    ReplyDelete