ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Sunday 20 August 2023

Late Romans… More Rebasing.

Greetings…

Here is yet another unit in the great rebasing project…

For a change I have gone for a fairly basic stage by stage this time… I know wargames rock and roll or what…😁

Let’s be honest… They are in pretty good condition… If it hadn’t been for the warping on the bases I might have left them be…

But there again… ‘Aly… Never knowingly left anything alone’ 🙄.

Before…

Brutus and his mates dive into the communal baths…

Warm water with a squirt of detergent… soak until they come loose.

Textured…

Finished…

Nothing drastic here…

I love the colour combination so I have left it more or less as I found it apart from damage repair and the odd edge highlight…

The shield designs were replaced with Little Big Men Studios decals and the Draco banner pole is a spear shaft from Fireforge Games…

The only surprise I had was discovering that the original shield designs were actually some sort of vinyl stickers… something that I have never come across before.

As before, I am very pleased with the results… More to come.


All the best   Aly




24 comments:

  1. Having just rebased a pack of Bavarians that were based perfectly fine, just not the same as others in my collection, and touching up a command figure or two that would have been fine, I certainly understand the compulsion. Fortunately, it's a harmless one, and does pretty things up-- beats smoking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twenty bases a day would definitely be better than twenty cigarettes 😁
      And they certainly look better.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Rebasing continues a pace there and jolly nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fine batch of re-basing there Aly:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very nice indeed, Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Aly. Love the Late Romans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carlo…
      They are indeed a pretty army.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Very smart unit Aly, I think I might have left them as they weren’t a shabby unit to start with. Now of course they are beautiful 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt…
      I think it was worth it… The Sheila’s and bases were showing their age.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. I like to think of rebasing or refurbishing as an exercise in economising since it's hobby time spent with minimalizing costs and no reduction in the store of castings in the cupboard,awaiting to be painted at some later time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a good example of minimal output for maximum gain.
      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Splendid bit of therapeutic rebasing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find there are few things as satisfying as bringing new life to older figures. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      Very satisfying indeed.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  10. Nice Aly, now they ready to go out and be hammered by barbarians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt…
      That is certainly what’s going to happen if I am in charge of them.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete