ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Crimean War… Even more rebasing.

Greetings…

I have been slowly rebasing this collection for a while…

See my earlier stuff here…

https://alystoysoldiers.blogspot.com/search/label/Crimean%20War

I decided while I was on a high after the rather positive Great Late Roman Rebasing project to get some more work done on my Crimean War collection… I shall keep chipping away at this in the background until it gets too painful or just boring 😁.

This time we have a couple of Russian Naval Battalions… 




These originally started as a single unit of Armed Sailors but I decided to add more figures to represent additional Marksmen/Marines and bring them up to two Battalions.

I am very pleased how the mix of different uniform styles and colours has come out.

The Standards are from North Star…

https://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=20&cat=175&sub=231&page=1

And the bases are as always Warbases…

https://warbases.co.uk/product-category/bases/premier-bases-metric/


All the best  Aly.






26 comments:

  1. Very nice Aly you certainly can’t tell which are the added figures, 2 battalions seems about for a large unit like this 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt…
      The Infantry regiments have four battalions… The naval units were formed from the men on the ships in Sevastopol harbour so were probably a bit more flexible size wise.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. Good job on keeping the rebasing fire burning brightly. I had some Foundry lead arrive last week with some Crimean War Russians among the lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought I would keep going while I was on a roll…
      The Russians are also quite quick to paint if I need a few more men here and there…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Two fine looking units of seafaring types there Aly, splendidly re based up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now they look rather dashing, Aly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray…
      Hopefully not dashing the wrong way if I command them…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. They look good Aly - nice big solid targets for the British and French Minie rifled muskets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      Historically accurate then…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. They look wonderful and well worth the effort of re-basing:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff and timely too. It has given me an idea for another Roosian infantry battalion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      I look forward to seeing what you do.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Despite my proclivity for the more colorful uniform combinations, I do very much like the look of a unit in greatcoats: these are a nice advertisement of that sensibility: well done, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ed…
      Mixing the colours slightly between batches of figures helps give visual interest to the unit as well…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Fine work sir. I particularly like the chaps in the shorter jackets and the faces are full of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Stuart…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  10. Great looking Russian naval infantry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are lovely Aly...maybe I need some naval troops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark…
      I’m surprised you don’t have any already…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  12. Lovely figures. The white piping on their hats is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob…
      I found that part the most difficult… There is a reason I like my Russians in helmets 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete