ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Thursday 7 December 2023

Lion Rampant… War of the Roses veteran Archers.

Greetings…

Here are the next units… yes…. Units…. For my De La Pole retinue.

Two units of Veteran Archers…

The first unit…


And unit number two…


I don’t normally like painting largish batches of figures at the same time… But this time I assembled most of the figures for the whole project in one go and also undercoated and blocked in the basic colours.

Using a fairly simple palette also helped a lot…

I only have my personality figure to finish and then they are done…

I am very pleased that they are finished…I have my first game on Saturday 😁… There is nothing like a deadline to put some wind in your sails.

My efforts pale into insignificance beside some of the youngsters… Who finished all their toys in two days.

I have to admit that I prefer my more relaxed and steady way of doing things.


The Armour is… AK Interactive… 11210 Natural Steel. With a diluted Contrast Black Templar wash.

The Hose and Tunics are a mix of difference browns and drabs.

The Shoes are… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.

The Scabbards are… Citadel… Doombull Brown.

The Belts are… Citadel… Deathclaw Brown.

The Blue bits are… Citadel… Teclis Blue.

The Yellow bits are… AK Interactive… 11118 Ochre.

The Weapon Shafts are… Foundry… Spearshaft Brown Light 29C.

As always everything was given a wash of Alys Brown Liquid and re-highlighted with the original colours.

Once the figures were matte varnished the Armour was given a coat of satin acrylic varnish to put a bit of a shine on it… The various leather goods were also gloss varnished.

The paints are Wargames Foundry, Citadel and AK Interactive…

The bases are as always…

The figures are from Perry Miniatures…

The Flag is from Pete’s Flags…

Hopefully there will be my character figure tomorrow .

All the best.  Aly




14 comments:

  1. Two more impressive units, which will make an excellent impression on the field: in the first we really like the champion, standard bearer and musician trio; in the second one we were struck by the archer with the red hat. Unlike D, I (R) completely agree with you: taking your time to paint in a relaxed way is the best thing... but maybe not too relaxed, otherwise you'll never get to the end (mea culpa , my fault).
    You're amassing impressive veteran forces for Saturday and this time these tough guys shouldn't run away in the first round... should they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you…
      Yes I definitely prefer a more relaxed approach to painting

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan…
      He has very nice heraldry…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. They look excellent Aly and the flags are great too. Hopefully they can survive your legendary dice rolling......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      Most of them did survive 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  4. Dan and Doris have turned out well. You have certainly crashed through these at a rate of knots! Most impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again… I see what you did there 😁.
      I don’t think I’m as fast as you though.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Lovely work Aly, I hope ‘your’ figure is getting some shiny armour !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt…
      He gets the shiniest…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Splendid Aly, slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil…
      Indeed it does…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking archers and so rapidly painted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete