ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Saturday 2 December 2023

Lion Rampant… War of the Roses dismounted Men at Arms.

Greetings…

Here is the first unit for my De La Pole retinue…

Dismounted Men at Arms/Elite Infantry…



The Armour is… AK Interactive… 11210 Natural Steel. With a diluted Contrast Black Templar wash.

The Hose are… Foundry… Drab12C.

The Shoes are… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.

The Scabbards are… Citadel… Doombull Brown.

The Belts are… Citadel… Deathclaw Brown.

The Blue bits are… Citadel… Teclis Blue.

The Yellow bits are… AK Interactive… 11118 Ochre.

The Weapon Shafts are… Foundry… Spearshaft Brown Light 29C.

As always everything was given a wash of Alys Brown Liquid and re-highlighted with the original colours.

Once the figures were matte varnished the Armour was given a coat of satin acrylic varnish to put a bit of a shine on it… The various leather goods were also gloss varnished.

The paints are Wargames Foundry, Citadel and AK Interactive…

The bases are as always…

The figures are from Perry Miniatures…

The Flag is from Pete’s Flags…

These were nice and easy to paint… I kept things simple and quick and I am very pleased with the results.

More to follow soon…

All the best.  Aly.

32 comments:

  1. Nice effects from the washes Aly. The flag sets them off nicely!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now - those are "Shiney" figures that I can fully appreciate, Aly - great work on the plate armour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      I actually forgot to mention that the armour is actually ‘shiny’…
      Well … satin…
      I have updated the post to include that step.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Beautiful rendition of what is basically a 'plain' figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...err...lovely work Aly...I've been cursing you all morning...I can feel an expansion of my WotR coming on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark…
      It makes a pleasant change… Me throwing temptation in your direction 😁
      Go on… You know you want to…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, really like how you shared your resources for the project. The basing and standard are topnotch and add to the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you…
      I have always appreciated knowing what colours and paints have been used on a model…
      I remember that you nearly always got a list of colours in the Airfix Magazine and Military Modelling painting articles… This of course meant that I knew which ones to tell my parents that I really really needed.
      I am always glad to pass this basic and hopefully useful information on.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  6. Shiny! The armour looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant idea to dilute Black Templar for a wash - a very versatile paint, now more-so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm…
      I agree Black Templar is certainly one of the most useful of the Contrast Paints…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Aly, we should have a Billhooks battle next year at the weekender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve yet to play Billhooks Robbie…
      So that could be quite entertaining.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Nice! I have just mixed my first batch of Alys Brown Liquid and If i can just get away from the demented Christmas obsessed wife I might get to use it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil..
      I hope you like the results…
      You can of course vary the recipe…If you have a figure that is mostly blues and greys… and even a lot of armour…you could add a bit more blue to the mix.
      And if your figure is mostly reds ,yellows and browns add a bit more Sepia.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  10. Very polished brush work there Aly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David…
      I’ve taken quite a shine to them.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  11. I missed these 🤔 nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent looking men at arms! Lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete