ALY MORRISON'S "BUTTERFLY" ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF WARGAMES AND TOY SOLDIERS

Friday 21 July 2023

15mm Carolingians… Medium Infantry.

Greetings…

I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment post wise…

This is mostly down to me finishing things that have sat on the painting desk for a while…

Painted a while ago but only just based we have another 15mm Carolingian unit…

This time some Medium/Unarmored infantry …




As always these are really lovely figures to paint…
I have continued the red theme for the Carolingians… This time going for rust and ochre shades.

Trousers and Leggings… Foundry… Drab 12B.
Officer Tunics and Rank and File Sleeves… Citadel… Evil Sunz Scarlet.
Cloaks… Citadel… Mephiston Red.
Leather… Citadel… Deathclaw.
Shoes… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.
Shields… AK11118 Ochre and 11103 Medium Rust.
Scabbards… Citadel… Mournfang Brown.

As always everything was given a coat of Aly’s Brown Liquid and then highlighted with the original colours.

The figures are from Forged in Battle.

https://www.forgedinbattle.com/


The paints are Wargames Foundry, AK Interactive and Citadel...

The bases are as always…

I have to admit if I wasn’t such a butterfly I would get a lot more of these toys painted… Maybe once my life and wargames room has a bit more structure in it I will expand this collection a bit faster… Maybe 😁.

All the best.  Aly

18 comments:

  1. Lovely work Aly and initially I thought they were 28mm they look so good! Always nice to finish up bits'n'pieces from the painting desk:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve…
      They are really nice figures and much easier to paint than 28’s.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  2. Great to see you posting more regularly Aly....I hope you are able to keep it up! Beautiful brushwork on these very nice looking figures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith…
      I hope I can continue to post more often… it really depends on how my working day of staring into the virtual world goes… if it’s been a very busy one I often don’t feel like looking at any kind of screen when I get home… a book ,some toy soldiers and music feels more relaxing.
      Oh… And there is that hedonistic social whirl of the Nottingham lead belt that can be a bit distracting 😁

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  3. Strong but simple colours - they really stand out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fine work on those small but mighty Carolingian troops there dear boy👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid little chaps there Aly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding work, Aly! Your collections seem to be expanding at a respectable clip despite your flutterings between projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan…
      Some of the butterflies seem to have settled down and started to grow into collections.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  7. They are beautiful Aly! How many units have you built so far for this project?

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan…
      It’s only four units so far… but there is plenty of toys still to paint…

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking Caroligians, I can't keep up with your prodigious output!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain…
      I would gladly increase my output…If only I had time.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete
  9. Looking good, I'll resist the temptation to start Carolingians though. Though these make it hard to remain resolute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meic…
      They are lovely toys… go on… you know you want to.

      All the best. Aly

      Delete